Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
This job posting is no longer available
Senior Software Engineer, Databases at Tendermint - San Francisco, Berlin, Toronto, Remote
Salary $100,000 to $150,000 a year Company Websitehttp://tendermint.com Published May 2023 Applicants This Week 1
We're looking for someone who has:
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience with open source contributions.
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining production software.
- Significant experience writing Golang or the ability and desire to become proficient in new languages.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals.
- Deep understanding of the theory and implementation of database trees on real file systems.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- The ability to take ownership and see initiatives through.
- Worked with and mentored junior engineers.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
What your primary responsibilities will be:
- Improve the IAVL codebase by committing DRY, well tested code.
- Work with the Cosmos-SDK team to keep the IAVL tree and its proofs well integrated.
- Optimize our implementation of the IAVL tree and its proofs.
- Research, design, and implement improvements to the IAVL tree, the proofs, and related protocols.
- Help formalize the specification of the IAVL tree and proofs and ensure the implementation adheres to the spec.
- Develop simulations for testing the behaviour of the IAVL tree under various loads and read/write strategies.
- Develop alternatives to the IAVL tree like the Ethereum Patricia Trie that adhere to the same interfaces.
- Mentor junior engineers and support the growth and health of the team.
- Review pull requests and provide valuable feedback to members of the team and open source contributors.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to build the future of the internet.
- An exciting role building open source software.
- Flexible work schedule.
- At least 4 weeks of paid vacation.
- Very competitive salary, including equity.
About our application process:
Qualified candidates can expect to go through a 4 step interview process. The first interview will be a call to assess cultural fit and to make sure our goals are aligned.
If we think there is a good fit, you'll have a call with one of our project managers to learn more about your skills and attitudes toward teamwork. If it's clear that you'd be a good addition to the team, we’ll ask you to complete a technical task for which you will be compensated.
If your technical task displays a high level of quality and care we will set up a final interview with our CEO or CTO.