- Upload Your CV
- Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
For any enquiries on this job please contact the job poster
About the role
– Work in any number of our Product Teams, utilizing AGILE best practice
– Build products and improve existing ones (tech products that is…not meals)
– Take part in decisions related to how we undertake new projects
– Gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team
– Work closely with other developers, designers, QA and others
What we’re looking for
– 5+ years of software engineering experience building web applications at scale
– 2+ years experience with at least one of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Go, Java, Scala
– Working experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis)
– You take pride in writing readable, well-designed software. You prefer simple solutions over complex ones.
– You’re interested in new technologies and tools, but understand the rationale for choosing Boring Technology. You believe in using the right tool for the job.
– You’re comfortable building and scaling systems in a growing services infrastructure. You are driven to improve performance, enhance code quality, and establish best practices for your team.
– You have a proven ability to get up to speed quickly. You are a team player and will learn whatever new skills or tools needed to get the job done.
– You have the initiative and communication skills to build relationships with colleagues on different teams to solve fundamental business problems.
– Bonus points for experience with front-end technologies (we use React)
Benefits & Diversity
We know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to pizza. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.