Senior Software Engineer (Golang) at ECAD Labs - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Salary C$75,000 to C$120,000 a year
Company Website https://www.ecadlabs.com
Published March 2021
Applicants This Week 2
When joining ECAD Labs Inc. you are joining a dedicated team intently focused on making blockchain easier to build on. We develop tools for the Tezos ecosystem. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the blockchain by empowering and inspiring developers.
We are looking for a senior engineer with experience in designing APIs and/or developer tooling. Finding the right abstraction and implementing APIs that are a joy to use will be your north star. Strong background with go and strongly typed languages generally is required.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be involved in greenfield projects, developing reference implementations for emerging standards in the blockchain space, development and maintenance of open-source systems such as https://signatory.io
You will be part of a small team whose core values include offering a safe environment to be yourself, share your ideas, and offer your perspective. You will get to work with all aspects of the product or service lifecycle, from ideation and system design to building, testing, deployment, documentation, launch reviews, developer support, and bug fixes.
Building, maintaining, and enhancing APIs and SDKs to service our developer and enterprise clients.
Designing solutions for user needs, coding, testing, and writing documentation
Creating the ultimate onboarding experience for developers
Our Vancouver office, fully remote within Canada, or a blend, whatever works best for you!
- Professional experience developing in the go language
- Practical experience with public key cryptography
- Experience with and interest in building interpreters, abstract syntax trees, and code generation.
- Comfortable reading and writing TypeScript is a strong asset.
- Writing protocol encoder/decoders
- Software design and architecture: Working alongside product management to co-create product requirements, then transform them into high-quality libraries and services.
- Refactoring and technical debt management: Advocating for a healthy codebase, proactively adding architectural improvements to the product backlog to maintain scalable and maintainable software.
- Software quality: Reinforce the quality and stability of production-level code through design, unit testing, code reviews, and collaboration with other team members on test strategy and its implementation.
- Coaching and mentorship: Acting as a technical leader for your team members, teaching them best practices and behaviors.
- ReasonML, or OCaml experience is an asset.
- Knowledge & curiosity of computer science fundamentals (type systems, data structures, algorithms, state machines, etc.)
- Eager to prototype an idea over having a meeting about an idea
- Able to reflect upon past choices and act upon those reflections.
- Be a lifelong learner.
- Employer funded group health and dental benefits
- Birthdays off
- Self-care days
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive salary
- Working with a progressive team on groundbreaking open-source projects