Senior Software Engineer at Hack Capital - Vancouver, Canada
Salary $85,000 to $115,000 a year Company Websitehttp://hackcapital.com Published May 2023 Applicants This Week 1
Hack Capital is growing faster than ever and we’re facing interesting challenges to solve during this exciting time. As a result, we're looking for accomplished Senior Software Engineers interested in tackling a wide variety of new projects. We’re looking for engineers with a solid understanding of how all parts of the system work in order to build first-rate products and technology.
About the Services Team:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Services team, you will work with a highly-motivated team of product managers, designers and peers to take on on a variety of quickly changing new products, features, and technologies. We’re a small close-knit team acting as a mini-startup with an environment for you to learn quickly while also mentoring less experienced developers. On our team, you will have the opportunity not only to enhance but to make a big impact on the product and the technology.
- Multiple years of full stack experience designing and building scalable applications from end-to-end
- Experience building robust APIs in Node.js / Express.js or professional experience in one of the following backend languages: Golang, Ruby, Python.
- Strong proficiency in React, Vue.js or both
- In-depth knowledge of SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with Docker
- Experience mentoring and leading less experienced engineers
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Pluses: Experience with Redis and ElasticSearch
What We Offer:
- A fun office vibe with ambitious and high-performing peers to work alongside with on challenging new projects
- Exposure to a variety of technologies on a diverse range of projects
- Tons of autonomy and the opportunity to make a big impact on our business
- We are a thriving tech startup which gives us the freedom to do what is best for the benefit of the company and our employees
Why we love working here:
- In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an employer-paid comprehensive benefits plan including an Extended Health Care with Dental/Vision Care, Life Insurance, and AD&D
- We provide a flexible work schedule and environment
- We offer an Employee Stock Option Plan
- We have a flexible vacation policy - We foster a healthy work/life balance and pride ourselves on being flexible
- We provide regularly catered lunches and healthy snacks
- We have a great location in Gastown – Enjoy the sea views!
- We do frequent team events and outings - Join the fun!
If this role sounds interesting, please send us your resume and feel free to include links like your GitHub or non-public code that will help us understand your background. Thanks!