Senior Software Engineer (Go/Golang) with PeopleConnect (formerly The Control Group TCG)
PeopleConnect is hiring for our People Search Division (aka The Control Group TCG) as our business is GROWING!!! We are looking for a talented, collaborative Senior Software Engineer to join our award-winning team. Would you like to be part of a pioneering tech community in a highly successful company? Does the idea of keeping up with and learning the newest technologies with other brilliant techies sound exciting? If so, then read on!
People Search (aka TCG) is an award-winning web development company with over 15 million customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology connects, informs and protects people — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
Our new San Diego state-of-the-art office has stunning views of beautiful downtown, Petco Park and the Harbor. Our dog-friendly office is packed with snacks and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)! We offer a highly competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out here! www.peopleconnect.us
You will already have extensive experience using Go to build applications in a service oriented or microservice architecture. You relish complex technical challenges yet prioritize simplicity in your solutions. You understand the business requirements behind the software you build. You are passionate about learning and stay current with new technologies. You play well with others yet can operate independently as needed.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
• Build and maintain ecosystem of high-volume services and APIs.
• Scaling and optimizing services and databases for performance.
• Own features from technical design through maintenance.
• Build features, investigate and fix bugs, write routine-complex tests.
• Break down complex tasks/requests into sub-tasks, make consistently good decisions, operate independently between regular or periodic check-ins.
• Consistently use software engineering best practices.
• Lead day to day tasks and priorities, accurately estimate time to complete tasks, resulting in high quality and high productivity for at least one (or more) product team(s).
• Independently lead tasks to completion gathering requirements from stakeholders. May be responsible for driving initiative to completion.
• Provide training and mentorship to other Software Engineers on their team. May do same for other teams.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or relevant field (or equivalent).
• At least 3-5 years’ directly related software development experience. 5-7+ years’ preferred.
• Advanced-expert programming skills using Go.
• Advanced-expert experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL) and a deep understanding of database performance optimization.
• Advanced--expert experience using Linux.
• Advanced-expert understanding of underlying architecture and infrastructure that runs their team's projects.
• Extensive experience with cloud computing.
• Solid experience with git.
• Experience using Docker in production.
• Some experience using Kubernetes and Terraform highly desirable.
• Intermediate-advanced ability to assess/improve performance and increase observability within team's projects.
• Strong ability to develop unique, outside the box ideas.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communications skills and highly collaborative within their team, other teams and cross-functionally.
• Ability and willingness to lead projects and mentor other growing software engineers.
• Able to work with teams as well as independently with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional work ethic, driven, self-motivated, highly accountable with strong initiative and passion.
• Excited to learn new things and share knowledge and best practices with others.
Note for Principle Agencies - Principle agents should not forward resumes to The Control Group (TCG). TCG will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a highly competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Dog-friendly office is packed with snacks and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)!