Senior Software Engineer at Grail - London, United Kingdom
Salary £80,000 to £110,000 a year
Company Website https://grail.com
Published September 2020
Applicants This Week 8
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL UK is looking for experienced software engineers, senior software engineers, and staff software engineers to join the team in London. The engineering team is responsible for supporting the collaborative efforts between GRAIL and its research partners (NHS/UCL). You will work as part of a cross-functional team to design, develop and run systems that power the safe execution of clinical workflows and the collection of relevant data. Your work will support cancer research and the development of GRAILs multi-cancer early detection blood test.
- Use your experience developing front-end applications and backend systems to build software that supports cancer research
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to overcome real-world problems that sometimes can’t be solved with software alone.
- Build and operate the infrastructure and tooling that runs the systems and powers the team.
- Work with GRAIL engineers in the United States on core platforms.
- Take responsibility for the systems managed by the team and support the operational concerns of our research partners.
Your Background Includes:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics or similar technical field.
- You have relevant work experience designing, developing, testing and maintaining software.
- You have worked with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
- You are passionate about software engineering, as well as software engineering teams.
- You have excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills, with a preference for simple solutions.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator and can adapt your communication style and the level of detail to your audience.