Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
Senior Software Engineer at Visa - Foster City, CA, United States
Salary $111,400 to $142,000 a year Company Websitehttps://visa.com Published February 2024 Applicants This Week 4
Job Description And Responsibilities
Visa is looking for Software Engineers who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world. Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects. Essential Functions: Design, implement and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed business components using functional programming paradigm. Work with Product Owner to determine functional requirements and business flow and translate into low level designs. Collaborate with the multiple teams across Product, Development, Operation & Infrastructure to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues. Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts. Support in triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in release testing and production environment. Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques. Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems. Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring. Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned. Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools.
• 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) Preferred Qualifications:
• 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Knowledge of functional programming languages like GoLang (preferred), Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
• Previous experience to work with Product Owner to determine functional requirements and business flow and translate into low level designs.
• Exposure to Java based general purpose programming language and language development frameworks along with code optimization techniques are a huge plus.
• Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
• Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
• Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
• Effective verbal and written communication skills U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 111,400 to 142,000 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 111,400.00 to 142,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.