Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
Senior Software Engineer, Windows Agent at Huntress - Remote US or CAN
Salary $135,000 to $170,000 a year Company Websitehttps://www.huntress.com Published December 2023 Applicants This Week 25
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote, US and Canada only
Compensation Range: $135,000 to $170,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 as a fully remote company by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business, which is why Huntress focuses on protecting those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Huntress stops hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools by utilizing our award winning security platform and expert human threat hunters through dynamic products including Managed EDR, MDR for Microsoft 365, and Managed Security Awareness Training.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Huntress team is looking for a senior engineer who has experience writing software that interfaces with the Windows Operating System at a low level. This engineer will be responsible for developing applications that communicate from our customers’ Windows systems to our web portal to provide our threat operations team with critical threat-hunting information.
* Build features for a Windows application that interfaces with various low-level windows APIs on Windows to collect data and send it to our SaaS application
* Integrate our endpoint application with our backend SaaS web application’s REST APIs for managing state and providing information that is used for threat hunting, paying particular attention to low resource usage on Windows hosts
* Collaborate with QA and DevOps to use our end-to-end testing framework to test our agent and its interactions with our web portal
* The opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology
* Training in a field that is fast-growing and in demand
* A work environment with a high bar, low stress, and no politics. We are software engineers, not coders.
* We leverage our peers to help fill our gaps and come up with the right solutions.
* We succeed or fail together as a team and value making others successful. Your manager will work hard to create a successful path forward for you in your career
What You Bring To The Team:
* Cyber security experience or a willingness to learn
* Able to communicate highly technical concepts clearly and concisely
* 5+ years of programming in Go
* 5+ years of experience writing low-level software that interfaces tightly with the underlying operating system
* Experience with Windows internals, Win32API, WMI, Powershell, and drivers is a bonus.
* Experience writing software for distributed architecture
* Ability to coach or mentor junior engineers
What We Offer:
* 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
* Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
* 12 weeks paid parental leave
* Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
* 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
* Life and Disability insurance plans
* Stock options for all full-time employees
* One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
* Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
* $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
* Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to come to work every day just as they are.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page.