Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
This job posting is no longer available
Senior Software Engineer at Breathe Life - Montreal, Canada
Salary $70,000 to $95,000 a year Company Websitehttp://breathelife.com Published December 2023 Applicants This Week 1
There’s no denying it, the financial world is messy and confusing. People suffer as they try to manage their financial lives and financial institutions haven’t cracked the code at helping them along the way. Legacy systems and antiquated distribution models have created a huge gap in the market, leaving hundreds of millions of people vulnerable in North America. As unexpected events occur in these people’s lives, many will encounter life changing situations and serious debt. It’s an inconvenient truth, but the one size fits all products, paper forms and fax machines are often the harsh status quo of the industry.
At Breathe Life, we’re building technology that helps people take control of their financial future so they can do what’s right for them, their loved ones and have peace of mind. Our platform helps them learn about financial products, identify the ones best suited for them, and make their purchase online when they’re ready. Breathe Life is shaping an industry that hasn’t changed in 100 years and having a massive impact in the process.
Breathe Life has secured significant financial and strategic backing from Diagram, a venture launchpad focused on insurance, financial and health technology. Diagram is backed by Power Financial Corporation, Great-West Lifeco, and IGM Financial through Portag3, along with 50+ leading angel investors. Our backing from Diagram gives us a significant competitive advantage that will help us win our market.
We’re looking for software engineers, programmers, devs, coders to join our growing engineering team. We believe it’s important for our team to represent the society we serve and we value diversity.
There is a lot of software to build as we tackle this huge opportunity: from managing and deploying great content online, to building education tools for our consumers, to building best in class user experiences on par with the best consumer startups in the world, to building tools for brokers to assist where they are most valuable. Our company is inherently data driven and there are plenty of opportunities down the road to apply Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning against actual problems with high quality data.
Come join us as we change this high impact industry that inherently touches many many lives.
What you’d be doing:
- Participate in projects from initial idea to launch;
- Design and implement features in small teams;
- Work closely with peers across functions (dev, design, product, marketing);
- Contribute full-stack features;
- Specialize in important areas that play to your strengths;
- Write software and configuration that defines and manages our deployment using Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform;
- Build powerful APIs using languages like Go and Python;
- Build reusable components using React, Redux and a modern frontend stack;
- Analyze performance and reliability - data should move fast and accurately;
- Contribute to open source software we use;
- Implement security and data protection best practices;
- Stay up to date on latest technology and help us stay aligned with emerging best practices where practical;
- Help onboard and ramp up the next software engineers as we grow the team.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Computer Science or Software Engineering OR Demonstrated achievements in software development;
- A great track record demonstrating growth and drive;
- Excellent communications skills (English - French);
- Hard worker;
What we’d like to see:
- Startup experience or interest;
- Mastery or strong interest in technologies we use.
What we offer:
- We will give you the opportunity to have a strong impact in shaping the product of a heavily backed new startup.
We are a team of visionary and caring individuals who are committed to help you learn and grow professionally. Having two parents in our co-founding team, we recognize the importance of personal and family time, flexible hours and great benefits. By joining us, you will get a competitive salary, stock options, a telemedicine service for you and your family and a healthy and accessible working environment.