Senior Software Engineer at General Motors - San Francisco, USASalary
$100K – $140K• Company Website https://www.gm.com
The Senior Software Engineer is a team member of Global Connected Consumer Experience – Advanced Development & Concepts Group and is responsible and accountable for the quality and delivery of applications that make up complex systems serving GM customers. This role requires extensive knowledge of software development technologies, techniques and processes. The successful candidate will work independently on projects around autonomous vehicle and ride sharing. The individual will be tackling hard engineering problems on a day-to-day basis. The individual will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of individuals of various levels of experience who will be driving new software and/or software improvements across the organization.
- Ability to understand complex problems in the data, natural language and contextual spaces from PoC through the product.
- Create solutions that scale to in the face of big data using the latest technologies including open source
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, Object-oriented Analysis and Design
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects while shipping software quickly
- Software modeling and simulation
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain standards compliance and adherence to governance policies
- Work with leadership to identify continuous improvement opportunities for software development, design and engineering areas
- Drive for code asset management and reusable design frameworks
- Conduct research on new products and drive implementation to benefit/optimize overall software development
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with common programming languages like Java, C++. Broad experience with software at all levels is a must.
- Experience with common intelligence tooling from big data stores, cloud platforms, Python and machine learning frameworks preferred.
- Rich experience in software throughout the ecosystem from embedded, mobile and cloud platforms.
- Hands-on and can-do attitude in developing solutions to software architectures to meet user experience, platform or performance needs.
- Expert knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, different programming paradigms.
- 3+ years of experience as software engineer
- Passionate about self-driving technology
Required a degree in computer science or related technical field.
Master’s degree, preferred