Senior Software Engineer at Synthace - London, United KingdomSalary
£50k - £90k• Company Website https://synthace.com
We are looking for a software engineer to continue developing and scaling our products and infrastructure.
Named by the World Economic Forum as one of the world’s 30 Technology Pioneers 2016, Synthace is re-imagining how we work with biology, exponentially improving the speed and quality of the final results. This is made possible through our high-level language and operating system for labs, Antha, which is already impacting how scientists work with biology in major companies like Dow, Merck and GSK.
You’ll be working within a tight-knit development team on exciting projects with plenty of technical challenge to get your teeth into, you will:
- Design, build, test, and maintain high-performance and scalable microservices in a global, federated container cluster
- Integrate and deploy custom and off-the-shelf software components
- Manage deadlines and priorities in a dynamic environment that blends software and wet-lab development
- Master our current technology stack which includes: Kubernetes Federation, Go, Google Cloud, Docker, and Ansible
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Unix development environments
- Working knowledge of common network protocols (HTTP, TLS, GRPC)
- Well versed in any of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Working knowledge of HA and distributed systems
In addition, you are committed to delivering high quality software to a tight schedule. Excellent communication skills are also a must in our fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.