Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
This job posting is no longer available
Senior Systems Engineer at Swish - Toronto, Canada / San Francisco, United States / Remote
Salary $80,000 to $160,000 a year Company Websitehttp://swishlabs.com Published December 2023 Applicants This Week 2
Swish is a world-class development studio whose teams have delivered products for Google, Microsoft, Kik, Nasdaq, Factset, and other major enterprises. The blockchain engineering team at Swish is looking for talented distributed systems engineers to optimize protocol transaction throughput and network reliability for blockchains in development.
Our mission is to bring the promise of a decentralized blockchain-based future to reality for clients.
As a systems engineer, you will work with our blockchain developers, protocol researchers and clients to implement and improve on a byzantine fault tolerant blockchain architecture based on the Tendermint consensus layer, by increasing the throughput, reliability and stability of the network. This role is ideal for engineers who have experience optimizing performance and robustness of distributed systems, and are excited to be working on the cutting edge of high-performance blockchain protocol development.
You might have experience as an Unix/Linux distributed systems engineer optimizing performance and reliability for large-scale cloud servers, and be relatively new to blockchain and distributed consensus protocols. Or you might be a blockchain engineer who is very familiar with distributed consensus protocols like delegated proof-of-stake, and newer to working on low-level performance optimizations. Experience with Tendermint is a huge plus. Either way, you are a great detective and passionate about pushing the performance of your infrastructure to its limits, without compromising on safety or stability.
We are also looking for:
Strong communication skills.
Experience with performance and load testing.
You should be motivated by a desire to solve the most important problems, obtain unprecedented results, and push your methods to their maximal performance.
* Optimize Tendermint consensus protocol codebase for speed, reliability and performance, including making PRs as needed to the OSS Tendermint project
* Troubleshoot reliability issues of distributed systems, e. g. connection losses between Tendermint nodes under heavy load
* Monitor the infrastructure and blockchain performance to identify issues
* Measure and improve server response times in different conditions and environments
* Guide protocol design decisions
* 1+ years experience with Golang, C or C++
* 4+ years of experience in a systems engineering role
* Deep experience with networking and concurrent computing
* Deep experience with Unix/Linux systems
* Experience with AWS/GCP
* Comfortable operating in dynamic environments
* Background in networking or distributed systems
* Familiarity with Cosmos / Tendermint
* Proficiency in protocol-level blockchain development
* Contribution to open source software
* Degree in STEM field, especially software engineering or computer science related.
* Experience in small startup environments helping large enterprises.
* Experience with a distributed team
Launched in February 2013, Swish is a fast-growing business with an innovative working culture and teams spanned across the world with teams in Toronto, San Francisco, Berlin, Auckland, Bruxelles, Medellin, and more.
We create products for successful business using cutting-edge technologies: Blockchain, Machine Learning, and Apps Dev. Working with Swish puts you in contact with prestigious brands, wherever your base is. We are a 100% remote-work company because we believe it is everyone’s choice to live and work the way they prefer.
Work is organized in sprints - 2 weeks periods to which, as a member of our talent community, you choose to commit. You always have the choice to accept or decline a sprint, or take-on multiple sprints simultaneously.
We let members choose what suits them best depending on their current situation: family, travel, studies, finance. We know life is not linear and we respect the humans behind the screens.
Our work ethic relies on six core values: Transparency, Directness, Meritocracy, Autonomy, Responsibility, Continuous Learning.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.