Site Reliability Engineer at Contiamo - Berlin, GermanySalary
€60k - €80k
*The product: A containerized data science environment*
Our ambition is to create a platform that gives data scientists a flexible, consistent, and simple environment based on Docker containers, where their code can be written in a large variety of languages (Python, R, Go, Scala). This tool then turns their code into stateless functions that can be easily deployed into powerful data pipelines.
Kubernetes, OpenFaas, Docker
- Having great DevOps engineering support is crucial in order to guarantee that our micro-service based platform runs smoothly and reliably, no matter where it is deployed (we support cloud and on-premise deployments).
- Our components are mostly written in Go, with some Scala and a bit of Python mixed in, and all of them expose well-defined interfaces. We always keep operational requirements in mind when developing new services.
- We’re looking for someone who can actively drive our roadmap in the area as part of our technical operations team, who can evaluate new technologies and wants to be a great partner for the rest of the tech team.
- You have senior-level experience with complex production deployments, know your way around Kubernetes and have in depth operational experience with at least one of the big three cloud providers (AWS, gcloud, Azure).
- Software engineering experience is a big plus, particularly in Go.
*Who we are*
- Contiamo is a Berlin-based, fast-growing tech company. We offer a flexible data platform enabling businesses to create interactive, data-driven decision tools and automations. Our mission is to combine sophisticated data science with a great user interface and experience.
- We are a tech-driven company and keep a close watch on recent scientific developments and emerging technologies. We love open-source. We are a very international team with interesting people from all over the world (95% of us have relocated to Berlin).
*How we work*
- We strongly believe in the importance of uninterrupted time to get stuff done and quality over quantity when it comes to working hours. We prefer to keep our schedule meeting-light and work in a library-like atmosphere during the core hours.
- We believe the ability to give and get constructive feedback and express divergent ideas is crucial to making innovation come to life. We live a very open discussion culture and prefer the evaluation of ideas based on merit over top-down decision making.
- We strongly believe in ownership of one’s features, from spec to implementation to operation. We also understand that ownership comes with a sense of responsibility towards others that depends on the results of our work.
- We believe that everybody should be able to find meaning in their work. We match assignments based on both ability and individual interests and discuss your progress and individual needs every 3 months.
- We don’t see people as “resources” and genuinely care about each other. We also understand that there’s more to people’s satisfaction and engagement than fancy perks and cool events. We continuously work towards an environment providing a lot of autonomy, transparency and development opportunities and rely on everybody’s feedback to hold us accountable for maintaining our high standards.
Sound like the kind of atmosphere you would work well in? We’re looking forward to receiving your application! We see the interview process as a mutual opportunity to get to know each other — at eye level. That’s why we always strive to respond within hours, not weeks.