Site Reliability Engineer at Goldman Sachs - London, United KingdomSalary
£40k - £100k• Company Website https://gs.com
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. At Goldman Sachs, SRE is responsible for the availability and reliability of our firm’s most critical platform services, and ensures they meet the requirements of our internal and external users. We look for engineers who are motivated to collaborate with our businesses to build and run sustainable production systems, which can evolve and adapt to changes in our fast-paced, global business environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design
- Experience with UNIX operating systems internals and / or networking
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Coding beyond simple scripts
- Solving novel problems from first principles
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.