Site Reliability Engineer at KIWI.KI - Berlin, GermanySalary
€50k – €50k
Our goal is to replace the physical key and to revolutionize key management. Our smart access-as-a-service solution KIWI allows users to unlock doors completely hands-free with our identity token KIWI Ki or by using our KIWI App. Our customers from the real estate industry use the KIWI Portal to simplify key management. And service providers like Deutsche Post and waste management companies open the doors of apartment buildings with KIWI. More than 47.000 households in 15 cities are already connected to the KIWI Infrastructure.
Our development team is an interdisciplinary mix, covering the full range from hardware and firmware development through systems, web, and mobile. Our highest priority is safeguarding the privacy and security of our users. We believe that it’s possible to have a connected system without gathering huge amounts of information on the private lives of our customers. As a result, we have developed our whole system almost entirely in-house, using cutting-edge cryptography, an innovative wireless sensor network, and an open-source approach.
The role of the SRE at KIWI is to allow for the business to make changes quickly and safely within the company. Your role includes: - Working with the business to translate business requirements into technical implementations. - Designing and building tooling and process patterns to be used by the rest of the Engineering team. - Maintain production and test environments.
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of GNU/Linux and associated technologies.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP.
- Highly skilled in at least one scripting language.
- Working experience with Kubernetes, preferably running on CoreOS, continuous integration pipelines (Gitlab-CI, Travis, Circle).
- An understanding of Ceph network block storage.
- Python or Golang background a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proven track record of working with Linux systems.
- Able to work autonomously. Identifying and prioritising tasks; experience enough to know when you seek input from others.
- A high degree of autonomy, challenging tasks, and the ability to impact the company every day
- An inspiring work environment based on team spirit, fun and passion for our product
- Employee stock ownership plan und training budgets
- German classes for non-native speakers
- Weekly team breakfast and lunch as well as unlimited coffee and other drinks
- A friendly and international team in an office in Berlin Mitte
Join our talented team and be a part of the KIWI story! We are looking forward to receive your application. Please apply here: https://kiwi-jobs.personio.de/job/13157#apply. Your contact person is Charlotte.