Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
This job posting is no longer available
Software Engineer / Architect at Precognitive - Chicago, United States
Salary $90,000 to $140,000 a year Company Websitehttp://precognitive.io Published September 2023 Applicants This Week 1
As a core member of our backend engineering team, you will work with our VP of Engineering to architect and implement our core products and engineering vision. This role will require the candidate to wear many hats with responsibilities such as working on our Node.js+BigTable based CRUD RESTful API microservices or container orchestration via Python and Kubernetes. This role will have the ability to lead greenfield projects (i.e. rewriting our decision-engine in Go) and be able to put their stamp on the Precognitive code base.
As an early member of our engineering team, this role will fast track into either a Staff Engineer/Lead Engineer. As the company continues to grow, the opportunity to move into management will become available for qualified candidates.
- 4+ years of building RESTful APIs.
- Production use of Node.js, Elixir, Go, Java, C++, or Python.
- Production experience working with a wide-column store such as BigTable (our main database), Aerospike, HBase or Cassandra (experience with DynamoDB also a bonus).
- Experience working with Docker & Kubernetes (GKE preferred) in a DevOps capacity.
- Production experience working in a distributed environment, especially with global or multi-region distribution.
- Master debugger, with the ability to diagnose problems/bugs quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to be on call for off-hour incidents (i.e PagerDuty alerts).
- BA/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related subject.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Production experience working with high throughput / low-latency databases at scale (100s of TB of data).
- Savvy with large-scale relational and/or non-relational databases.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform.
- Previous history in a startup.
- The ability to make pragmatic decisions finding the right solution for short-term needs with an eye to how actions fit into the long-term roadmap.