Software Engineer (Data Pipeline) at Exponea - Remote (Europe)
Salary €30,000 to €42,000 a year
Company Website https://exponea.com
Published December 2022
Applicants This Week 5
We are Exponea, a Bloomreach company, an internationally renowned e-commerce cloud – a customer‑centric platform, combining advanced data analytics and omni‑channel campaign execution. We help our clients maximize profits and optimize marketing spend by targeting the right customers with the right content at the right time.
We are currently expanding our Engineering team and are looking for a new Software engineer. Could you be one of them?
About your role and the team:
As part of our data pipeline team, you will be working on code that allows the Exponea application to reliably ingest large amounts of data as quickly as possible. Your primary focus will be to keep the pipeline stable, to ensure it can be easily scaled out on demand and to provide just enough visibility to all processing stages. Your daily routine may include:
- Maintaining and rewriting components of our pipeline to be more robust and scalable
- Monitoring and increasing the pipeline throughput
- Decomposing existing monolithic app into set of microservices
- Introducing Quality of Service guarantees
- Every third week 24/7 on duty service
What we expect of the candidate:
- Ability to write clean and concise code in Python and eagerness to learn more (medior / senior experience)
- Experience with developing complex distributed software systems with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Solid grasp on good software engineering practices such as code reviews, deep focus on quality and documentation
- Ability and willingness to deep dive into and comprehend large codebases
- Ability and willingness to troubleshoot and debug technical issues inside a deep and complex technical stack
Our tech stack:
- Our own in-memory database IMF built in C++
- Combination of Google stack like Kubernetes, Bigtable, BigQuery, DataFlow etc.
- Databases like MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Development languages Python and GO
- Apache Kafka
More things you might like about Exponea:
- - Talent development thanks to our Leader & People Development Programs:
- Communication and soft skill development provided by our resident coach and ex-McKinsey communication strategist Ivo Večeřa.
- People Development Program to help everyone grow.
- Leader Development Program to support managers in empowering their team members.
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Exponea we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. We are interested in results from day one. The freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility.
- Flexible working hours. Remote work and home office are popular.
- Reward based on your commitment and capabilities.
- Lunch budget.
- Referral bonus for helping us find more A-players like yourself.
- Friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who like what they do.
Exponea is an award winning customer experience and data management platform that not only boosts e-commerce growth with AI-powered engagement automation, but also helps improve companies’ culture with better cross-department collaboration and customer centricity. More infoabout Exponea.