Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
Software Engineer (Golang) at Honu AI - Remote (European Timezone)
Salary $50,000 to $100,000 a year Company Websitehttps://www.honu.ai/ Published September 2023 Applicants This Week 1
We are honu.ai, a venture backed startup building the next generation platform to give small business owners superhuman decision making capabilities. We are currently in stealth mode and are backed by Europe’s top investors who are early backers of TransferWise, Tide, Coinbase, CityMapper, Cazoo, Nested, Habito, Cleo, King, Snyk, etc. The technology we are building is novel and we will be pushing the boundaries of what has been done in this space.The founder is ex-Goldman Sachs, and ex-Facebook, a second-time entrepreneur with a background in robotics and neuroscience. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly ambitious, venture backed company, on the ground floor. We are London based, remote friendly.
We are today a team of ten, and we are looking for exceptional technologists who have experience designing and building complex products and deploying them at scale. For this role, we are looking to hire a hands-on, product-focused software engineer. Experience in fintech, data and AI heavy platforms would be a big bonus, eCommerce desirable, though not necessary. We're taking a revolutionary approach and people who bring diversity of experience and a track record of creative solutions are particularly welcome.
We are looking for a strong, product focused, growth mindset software engineer to join our core-team. If you are excited to join a VC-backed startup early on in the journey, and your profile matches what we are looking for, please do get in touch. Here is a non-exhaustive description of the tasks and responsibilities for this role:
* You will be working in a small team, including the founder, to build the first MVP of the product.
* You will collaborate with the team to define the strategy and vision for how we will build effectively and be successful.
* Work with engineers across the company to build delightful features that span various parts of the system.
* Ensure our platforms are reliable, scalable, secure and extensible.
* Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
Strong technical background with 1+ years professional experience in Golang
Experience with modern cloud tooling and infrastructure
Startup mindset with strong product focus
Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish. Ideally, experience at top tier SaaS startups/companies.
Experience building Fintech products. e-Commerce and experience with small businesses is a huge plus!
Experience in AI platforms, 3rd party API integrations and data engineering also a plus
Nice to have technical experience in:
Experience with distributed systems
Must have soft skills:
Attention to detail
Ways of working:
You will believe in clean coding, simple solutions, automated testing and continuous deployment.
You will be comfortable with Remote/Async ways of working.
You’re considerate, humble, and a strong believer in teamwork.
You're comfortably organised amongst chaos.
Be a self-starter who is very comfortable building from scratch.
* Excellence: We constantly strive for excellence in what we do. We go above and beyond the call of duty.
* Get Things Done: We acknowledge obstacles but orient towards solutions. We have a getting things done attitude, with laser focus on efficiency, as a team and individuals.
* Open Communication: We communicate openly and respectfully about our opinions. Our conversations are constructive and all voices will be heard. However, when decisions are made, everyone commits to them.
* Team Player: We are there for each other. As individuals we are reliable, responsible, collaborative and supportive. We respect each other’s time, we are punctual. We have got each others backs, and accept everyone’s authentic self.
* High Integrity: We are honest with each other and with our partners, clients and collaborators.
We are on this journey because we believe in the positive impact of technology on the world. We believe in technology that puts human values first and foremost, we believe in building a world where small business owners, and the creative and passion economy generation can focus on what they do best: their product, their story, the human dimension in their work. We believe in critical thinking, in the scientific method, in questioning the status quo; but we are also doers, we love to roll our sleeves up, and build things. We do things out of love, not anger. We are interdisciplinary, curious and yet, intellectually humble. We have a high work ethic and constantly strive for excellence. We have the grit to make things happen, yet we are kind, self-aware and compassionate.
How to Apply
Email your CV, and any relevant links we aim to respond in no more than 2 working days
Our Process (1-2 weeks)
Introductory phone call with Founder ( 30 mins )
CV / Experience review - panel (1 hour)
Systems Design interview - panel (1 hour)
We are growing fast and will be sure to respect your time and expectations each step of the way.