Software Engineer (Innovation) at Vodafone - London, United Kingdom
£44k - £63k • Company Website https://www.vodafone.com
For us, digital transformation is constant - not a one-off event. It’s our obsession. And it’s how we forever evolve our technology to improve the lives of our customers. We continually experiment with ways to make our journeys more intuitive, simple and enjoyable. And we’re constantly testing and trialing ways to give customers faster access to our services, more flexibility - and the richest, most rewarding experience.
All you need is the right mindset and the desire to help us create award-winning digital experiences – we work at pace, we love ideas and collaborate on agile project.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Engineer (Innovation) to join our innovation team in London, bringing with you a broad range of experiences and a passion for modern development technologies and practices. As an Innovation Software Engineer you’ll be part of innovation team, building and testing great products that delight, transform and have a revolutionary impact on our business.
Working as part of the Innovation team and collaborating with teams across the Digital department to solve business problems - internal and external; by coming up with creative solutions and employing future technologies that can have revolutionary impact on our bottom line.
Your key skills and experience will ideally include:
- Strong development skills in Python or Java. Familiarity with Scala, Go and Clojure is a plus.
- Experience with stream pipelines and data store technologies (nosql, wide column and graph). We are Currently using Cassandra, Kafka, Amazon dynamoDB, Redis, Neo4j and Mysql.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) development.
- Proven experience working in a continuous integration environment and prefer collective code ownership.
- Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging.
- Bullet proof system design with solid tests
- Experience working at scale with distributed Big Data technologies.
- Someone with an interest in AI first software engineering and data
- Experience with, and desire for, high quality and reliable service development
- Organised and pro-active, with strong attention to detail
- A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues
- A highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude, flexible and adaptable, with a “can do” approach and solid problem-solving skills even in the face of demanding deadlines
- Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation
- Ongoing contributor and passion for learning and adopting cutting edge technologies
- Interest or experience in NLP, ML, disambiguation strategies and semantic approaches are plus points
- Mentor the team and inspire experimentation, who facilitates and encourage training.
- Established as a technology leader, working closely in cross functional teams and encompassing different technologies into solutions.
- Nurture and encourage innovative ideas to problem solving, empower the team with the current line of thinking to produce the most cost effective solutions.
- Moving on with new ideas to help find solutions with the emphasis on how can technology or a new creative method help make improvements.