Software Engineer at WIN.com - Remote
Salary €75,000 to €95,000 a year
Company Website https://win.com
Published December 2022
Applicants This Week 15
We’re a remote-first, fast growing tech startup that brings together the excitement of gaming and the thrill of real money competitions encapsulated in an all-in-one bite-sized entertainment experience.
WIN helps developers tap into a global realm of game monetisation by enabling real money tournaments in any skill-based game.
About the role
They say good looks only take you so far - that’s why we need you to demonstrate that our products are not only good-looking but also highly functional. As a Software Engineer, you will have an opportunity to solve highly technical problems to shape WIN's backend systems, infrastructure, development and deployment practices while evangelising a strong engineering culture.
Your work will have a direct impact on the User Experience of all the Win.com players across the world and the internal systems.
- This is a contract, per-project, as-needed or full-time role
What you’ll do
- Play a key role working on the backend services and infrastructure that powers WIN and other products
- Build platforms, services, and APIs
- You’ll chiefly be using Go in our various backend and data engineering projects
- Using a range of different data stores across our teams including , but not limited to PostgreSQL, Redis, Bleve
- You'll be working with RabbitMQ for queues
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams
Superpowers you’ll need
- 4-6 years of experience architecting and maintaining backend systems
- Proven experience with Go; and a great foundation with another programming language (e.g. Java, NodeJS, PHP or Python, etc)
- Experience working with Protobufs, gRPC & HTTP/2
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices in areas like CI/CD, test automation, micro services, distributed systems, and data management
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as Google Cloud Platform
- Technical vision, ability to understand abstract problems and architect systems that help solve them
- A good understanding of application, information and infrastructure architectures, such as API / SDK development and integrations
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Experience with technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team