Software Engineer at Brightcove - London, United KingdomSalary
£40k - £120k• Company Website http://brightcove.com/
Brightcove is the leading online video platform that powers the video for many of the UK and the world’s largest media companies including BBC Worldwide, UKTV, Channel 4, Ford, Viacom, ESPN, and The New York Times.
As a Software Engineer, you will help deliver a service that touches millions of people around the world by serving over a billion video streams each month.
The ‘Dynamic Delivery’ team work on a highly scalable, multi-region set of microservices that are responsible for delivering video to millions of consumers around the world.
We’re a small team, so you’ll have a high degree of autonomy and input into design decisions. We also offer a competitive salary, flexible working environment and encourage learning and career development.
The Dynamic Delivery platform has been developed from scratch over the past two years and is almost 100% written in Go, with functional tests written in Ruby/Cucumber and deployed using containers onto public cloud infrastructure.
- Have 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Have experience with deploying software to cloud services
- Understand the reasons for and best practices around testing and are familiar with TDD and BDD
- Have a good understanding of HTTP
- Have experience taking ownership of a service from design to deployment
- Can take into account scaling, cost and performance considerations when designing a service
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies you use
You - Bonus Points
- Have written Golang in production
- Have used and deployed containerised software
- Have worked with CDNs
- Have experience with video streaming technologies (HLS / MPEG DASH / Microsoft Smooth Streaming).
- Have an understanding of H.264 and AAC
- Have an understanding of video container formats, specifically MP4 (and fMP4/ISOBMFF) and MPEG TS.
- Have an understanding of common DRM technologies, specifically Widevine Modular, Playready and Fairplay.
Lacon House is situated in Central London, nestled between world-leading media companies and the capital’s thriving tech scene.
The nearest Underground stations are Holborn and Russell Square.