Software Engineer at Cabify - Madrid, SpainSalary
$45k – $65k
About the position
The Risk team is responsible for building, improving and maintaining an event-driven, real time scoring risk platform for Cabify. The goal is to minimize fraud and credit risk while at the same time improving user experience, and improving security for our Driver and Rider apps. As a Risk Engineer at Cabify you will be responsible for:
- Improving the current scoring system by combining rule-based and machine learning to reduce false positives and friction within the app users.
- Maintaining a production platform used by millions of users with high throughput.
- Deploying and implementing machine learning models like regression and classification with the help of the Data Scientists in either Go or Python.
- Working closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Systems to ensure constant quality and reliability.
- Ensuring backend support for future Front End of the application
What we’re looking for: * Experience in object oriented programming in any major language ( we use mainly Go and some Java). * Experience in message brokers or similar (we use PubSub). * Experience in, at least, one functional programming language (we use Scala). * Experience in any batch / real time distributed processing framework (we use Beam and Spark). * Experience using NoSQL databases like Cassandra or HBase