Systems Software Engineer (Camera team) at Live Planet - San Jose, USASalary
$120k – $200k• Company Website http://liveplanet.net
About Live Planet Inc:
Live Planet, Inc. develops infrastructural technologies to enable producers to deliver next-generation media experiences and services to consumers worldwide. Founded by serial entrepreneur Halsey Minor (CNET, Salesforce, Google Voice….), Live Planet’s solutions include:
The LIVE PLANET System: the only end-to-end capture, distribution, and monetization system for immersive video. The LIVE PLANET System makes it easy, practical, and affordable to create and deliver stereoscopic VR and 360° video, whether live or recorded, allowing creators to focus on their productions and applications. (www.LivePlanet.net)
The VIDEOCOIN NETWORK: a decentralized video encoding, storage, and content distribution system that turns all cloud-based video services into an efficient algorithmic market running on a new blockchain with a native protocol token, the VideoCoin (issued by the VideoCoin Development Association Ltd.). The VIDEOCOIN NETWORK will lower costs by deploying unused compute resources, enable a new generation of applications via open APIs and open source-based development, disintermediate media behemoths with peer-to-peer video distribution, and increase privacy with decentralized, end-to-end encryption. (www.VideoCoin.io)
You will own the Live Planet VR Camera software development and configuration. You will design, develop and support applications that control camera behavior, collect information from the camera, update software on camera, etc. Also you will own Live Planet VR Camera CI, testing and embedded OS configuration.
We are looking for a self-driven, talented engineer who will focus on the camera’s core application software stack and the Linux-based infrastructure around it as well as help be a core member of the Camera team. This is an opportunity to make an impact for the Live Planet Camera System.
We are a fast moving team with a lot of unique knowledge in VR, hardware, video streaming, and distributed compute knowledge. It is a unique chance to grow as a leader and an independent owner of very cool software stack based on modern technologies and processes.
Needed Experiences and Skills:
- Working understanding of Linux concepts, specifically Ubuntu based functionality (Systemd, Debian packages, Common Configuration files, etc.)
- Experienced Golang engineer with practical experience of HTTP 1⁄2 (GRPC) micro services development.
- Software design skills; in other words you know how to organize multiple of micro services to work together in clean and efficient manner.
- Feel comfortable to organize and optimize startup, discovery and networking of OS (operating systems).
- General knowledge & understanding of video pipelines & streaming
- Strong debugging capabilities
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Desired Experiences and Skills:
- ReactJS knowledge and practical experience.
- Comfortable with Python and Git.