Please note: if you’re a recruiter or a development company, don’t waste your time contacting us. We are not interested for sure.
At Careibu we are aiming to build the best social care community by students in the world. We are looking for capable, creative developers who want to help us accomplish that goal.
Careibu is all about social care. Through our platform, we connect students to people for help at home. Our students work as babysitters, home cleaners and elderly assistants. Careibu’s Dutch community consists of 32.000+ students and 13.000+ clients. In Juni 2018, we officially launched in the German market (Berlin). Our mission is to bring all generations in society together and provide students a social side job.
Careibu was founded in student accommodation by two sisters, Lotte and Anne. They have grown the business from their student rooms to a team of 13 people which continues to rapidly grow. Our head office is located in Amsterdam.
Things we are working on
We’re still a small company with an even smaller development team (CTO, product owner, backend developer and 2 mobile developers). This means you will need to wear many hats in the beginning but it also means there are many interesting challenges ahead that you can specialise in if you like. Broadly we are:
– Migrating from legacy platform which has some interesting challenges
– Improving and expanding our iOS & Android applications
Our technology stack
We still maintain a stack built in Angular 1 (web UI), PHP (backend) and MySQL (data), however we are incrementally migrating to a new technology stack based on a Golang backend with native mobile apps (Swift for iOS and Java for Android).
Since we develop, test, deploy and operate our systems, we do work with other technologies that automate such processes, like GitLab, GitLab-CI, Docker and AWS’s ECS & RDS.
You should apply if
– You want to be involved in building a product that has a social impact
– You’ve worked in GoLang or you are a senior backend dev willing and able to learn quickly
– You don’t mind exploring our legacy PHP system & rebuilding functionality on our new platform
– You like to also be involved in improving the devops aspects of our stack
– You have a proactive attitude and are not afraid of failing
– You (want to) live in the Netherlands (remote is not possible)
– You have a EU passport (we don’t provide visa’s)
You want to apply or you have any questions?
Email Anne (anne[at]careibu.com).