Golang Backend Engineer (f/m/d) at Upvest - Berlin, Germany
Salary €70,000 to €85,000 a year
Company Website https://upvest.co/
Published: November 2020
At Upvest, we are building the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. Our vision is to create a world in which any asset can be owned and traded digitally by anyone, anywhere. Our bold long-term view is backed by Europe’s largest tech VCs Notion Capital, Partech and Holtzbrinck Ventures. Today, we count 22 talented people from 10 different countries and we want to keep expanding our international Upvengers team.
We are seeking a full-time backend engineer to build a securities API for financial institutions, the first such API in Europe. Your goal is to take ownership of designing, developing and maintaining microservices written in Golang.
A greenfield project. Cutting edge technologies. No legacy code.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Build fault-tolerant, horizontally scalable systems. Using Microservice architecture powered by Docker, Kubernetes, Kuma service mesh and Kong as a Gateway.
- Build event driven applications using NATS
- Work on different aspects of our API-product portfolio as part of the development team
- Develop data processing and storing mechanisms
- Work on improving the reliability of our API tools, as well as developing innovative tools
- Work with an agile methodology: in the end of the 2-weeks sprint cycle we have a demo with retrospective to make our software delivering faster
- At least +2 years of experience and passion about Golang and distributed systems
- Fluency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, transaction isolation, performance optimization
- Fluency with event driven architecture and concurrent algorithms
- Be proactive in learning new stacks and have a high sense of taking ownership
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Docker, k8s, understanding principles of a service mesh
- Experience with Monitoring and Tracing using opentracing/opencensus/opentelemetry/elastic APM
- Understanding of encryption algorithms and their application
- Experience working in Fintech domain